Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 34

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild 
(Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. 
See the original post HERE.
#34 : Imagine. Our art practice is where we can invite imagination to play and develop. I decided to use another piece of watercolour play as my base and I'm imagining Spring around the corner and me finishing my treatment. I just have 15 sessions of radiotherapy to go. I forgot to take a photo to start, but this is a cropped image of the original page play that I trimmed to fit my card size.
And the finished card :
The colours spark joy and the feather symbolises my power to rise. I love the unexpected mixing of colours, the feeling that's it not quite in control, the simple mark making. I don't even mind the crease through the middle since it will always remind me of the project that inspired the card. I've only included stitch to attach the vellum feather, which I think is the least stitch so far for this collection, but I love the outcome.
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE 

2 comments:

  1. Delightful doodling - I love it! Incidentally, I've just bumped into a video that is very similar with doodles on watercolours. I'll link it in case you're interested - I was going to try this but got distracted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we3WF2BeSYQ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...