Friday, August 14, 2020

A Year of Rumi : June/July

I wanted to explore Effy's "A Year of Rumi" lessons this year in my art journal, since last year I explored them as monthly art cards.  I always wanted to do June's lesson in my journal so am very thankful that I've finally made time for my version. I began with a dark background for my page from using up paint from my May prompt which faces this one. This gave me the opportunity to start with gorgeous iridescent and interference paints for my background. First I painted over some book paper with Titanium Buff and drew an outline of my 
face - it was a good solution for adding light over the dark base as well as for sketching in my hair line before I began to add colour.
I adore butterflies, metallics and Rumi   
Sharing 2 images of my completed page. Above in daylight and below taken at night to show how this really glows
I already managed both a journal spread for July as well as the art card last year so am now ready for the August prompt. 
Find out more about A Year of Rumi with Effy Wild HERE. And see ALL my posts about this class HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...