Sunday, July 26, 2020

A Year of Rumi : May inspiration

I last created a Rumi page inspired by Effy Wild's class in April. Finally had a chance to look at May's lesson : this was Effy's version
I decided I'd just go with a single page in my journal and began by transferring the figures from the template provided by Effy using carbon paper. By leaving the figures faceless, they can represent any loving relationship. First I blocked in some colour and then created some more of the paper stitched elements that I've been enjoying lately.
The moon is an acetate shape stitched over book paper, and the rest is organza stitched over book paper. The words are present and loved.The rest of the page evolved fairly quickly and represents all the people who have stood beside me supporting me through this year. I've included symbolism that holds meaning for me.
I am really happy to report that  chemo and some conservative surgery have worked to clear the breast cancer from my body without me needing a full mastectomy 💜 I got the news on Friday. I need to complete my recovery from surgery and then have radiotherapy, so I'm not quite done yet, but so grateful for this outcome. This lesson was just what I needed to celebrate this weekend. I don't mind that it didn't turn out to be related to Rumi's quote and love how my creative process supports and reflects what's going on in my life. 
Flashback to last year's May "Klimt in the Garden with Rumi" mixed media card - see the details HERE
Find out more about A Year of Rumi with Effy Wild HERE. All the lessons are available for instant access in the classroom. See all my posts about this class HERE.

6 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful page! And your small stitched pieces are right at home in it. So happy for your good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. I am so pleased. It's just that much easier to heal. I hope your radiotherapy goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Lynette - very meaningful and I'm so so happy for your good news! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...