Thursday, July 9, 2020

Creating a book a month : June and July

I have an Intention to create a book a month this year : small and gorgeous, mixed media and stitched. 
I had originally thought that I would celebrate my birthday month (June) with another daily journal, but circumstances change and I have decided I will use that format for my 2020 December Daily. In my first post for June I was questioning whether I even had the energy to create a book. Later that week, a lovely blogging friend gifted me with this class by Joanne Sharpe! So very thoughtful and solved my creating a book a month challenge for June....and July! 
It's called Art Sparks : Words and Watercolour and includes watercolour play, lettering, and bookbinding. Below are examples of Joanne's gorgeous inspiring work.
I haven't done much with watercolours so enjoyed the loose paint play Joanne teaches
We then moved on to cutting the papers to create the pages for little books.
I decided to put all my large papers together to create one book with quotes about Shine - a favourite word of mine. I'm not sure if the cover is done yet
This book measures 4" x 6", while the little ones are only 2.75" x 4"
I've not bound these books yet, but here's a couple of sneak peeks at pages in progress in my Shine book. I'm hoping I'll be able to somehow include stitch as well...
I'll share my progress on these little books at the end of the month. See my other posts about creating a book a month HERE
Joanne's developed a series of these classes. She calls them the big, project focused, online classes with the teeny price. She has just released Art Sparks 2 : Colour, Collage, Concertina. Also US$14.95 and starts 20th July.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Lynette, I knew your little watercolor books would SHINE! And they do. Your lettering is wonderful, too. Your colors are nicely intense- I don't get those deep colors so much, though I try. Just love what you have done. I'm enrolled in Art Sparks 2 as well. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Nancy for the gift. I am really enjoying them. I use koh-i-noor watercolours which are more like a dye and gives nice intense colour. Happy weekend to you xo

      Delete
    2. I'll look into those colors- it is deep and lovely. And you are most welcome. I knew you would enjoy the class, and you have really taken it to another level.

      Delete
  2. You pick up and use new ideas and techniques so quickly. Your watercolours with words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous. I am interested in doing this class. I am not a painter and feel very nervous about using watercolours but I love their effect. Those Koh-I-Noor colours are intense and lovely. Will look them up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a jam-packed class - great value. Joanne is very clear with her instructions for how to do the watercolour and you can't go wrong as long as you use watercolour paper so you can get good flow. Enjoy :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...