Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Art class inspiration...and temptation

Welcome to June. I'm trying to wrap my head and heart around so many sad and hard events in the world and the fact that I have my last chemo treatment next week. It's my birthday month but I may need to delay celebrations due to chemo response. I'm someone who loves to celebrate and use the occasion as an excuse for many fun social gatherings with different friends so this is also taking some head adjustment. I'm trying to decide whether I have the energy to create a book this month, and what that might look like. Or what might happen instead. So while I get my head straight, I thought I'd share some goodness that's happening in the art community. I thought I couldn't make room for any more art classes this year, but this past week have presented 2 major temptations that just might help me celebrate my birthday! The first is from Sal Schiebe and starts on June 11th. Check it out HERE.
Looks just gorgeous doesn't it? 
I need to make a decision about this one soon...
The other one doesn't launch until August and is the new collaborative offering from Tam at Willowing called Kaleidoscope 2020. Read all about it HERE and we can join a FREE taster week (from 17th June) HERE
The course runs for 4 months and features many teachers that I already love and a few faces new to me that look worth exploring. 
If you want to leap straight in, there's an early bird discount available now 
I am going to sample the taster week before I commit....looks amazing though. 
And in other news - this FREE offering : the Make Create Express Workshop is another year long offering that can also be sampled with a FREE weekend (11th and 12th July). All the details HERE
From past experience, this one can feel more pressured because you only have 24 hours to watch the content, but you mustn't feel like you have to see it all. Best strategy is to choose a few favourite teachers and enjoy them as free inspiration and time for you. Last year I joined and managed to view more than I anticipated which was really lovely. Lucky for me in New Zealand this falls within our next school holidays - useful for time zones.
And just one more FREE inspiration challenge that has just started : Daisy Yellow's 10th ICAD (index card a day). 
Read all about it HERE - there are some paid add-ons you can do if you want extra help and tutorials. 
See you soon with some art. Hope the sun is shining where you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...