Saturday, June 6, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 22

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild 
(Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. 
See the original post HERE.
#22 : Synthesis. Wasn't sure what to do with this since nothing currently on my work table after tidying away the remains of my lovely mixed media banner and I'm having a slow start to the month. I was thinking about how to combine materials I love and that brought thoughts of fabric paper into my head. I've made a few projects featuring fabric paper techniques and I still have a stash in my cupboard. It was lovely to get the pieces out and I particularly enjoyed seeing the piece created in a Judy Coates Perez class in 2010 (the large dragonflies) and the tissue fabric inspired by Rebekah Meier (the gold piece). Need to think about including them in some way in some future work.
I also found this piece which I think is a perfect base for this week's card. 
Just needed to find the right bit to feature, then added stitched elements, a bit of gold pen, serviette, and the found word. The black heart will always remind me of the current global pandemic and the riots and protests. It is a sadly unsettled time. 
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...