Sunday, July 12, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 27

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild 
(Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. 
See the original post HERE.
#27 : Light. Inspired by the rediscovery of some pieces from a play day with alcohol inks. They remind me of stained glass. 
Light is closely aligned to one of my favourite words, Shine. I had thought of a candle initially, and when I went looking in my cupboard for sari ribbon, I found some lovely metallic pieces embossed and coloured with alcohol inks from another play day
One was perfect for my candle. Thought I would show you the machine and hand stitching from behind. I always glue another playing card on the back of my work so they look like the original deck from behind when finished.
I love the texture and glow of this one. 
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the sari ribbon- very effective. Nice, inky background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the metallic pieces - I've experimented with alcohol inks once - time to get them out again - what a great way to use them in a collage like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laly Mille also uses them in her ordinary art journals. I love them used on metal.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...