Sunday, August 9, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 31

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild 
(Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. 
See the original post HERE.
#31 : Being. I began with scrapbook bee paper for fun and no real idea of what to do next. 
Still feeling tired after my treatment, surgery and the stress of the year, so trying to Be Kind to myself, Be Present to what is good in the moment, Be Open to doing what feels good instead of beating myself up about "should". In the spirit of all that, I let myself Be Delighted by colours and fabric and stitch that felt good to use today. As Effy said in her PDF for this prompt Being "means whatever I’m doing, I’m doing it with presence. I’m doing it mindfully. I’m fully engaged". 
I bought some new supplies yesterday with a voucher I got for my birthday from Warehouse Stationery. 
I have never purchased a proper bound watercolour journal so hoping this will inspire some new work soon. Joanne Sharpe recommended Uniball Vision pens in a recent class. These aren't Vision but they are permanent, waterproof, fade resistant pigment ink. I will report back when I've tested them. Have a lovely week. Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE 

4 comments:

  1. You have some wonderful bit in your stash, so this journal card is really lovely. Glad you are being kind to yourself- you have had quite the journey! Hope you feel revived soon. I bought some of those pens, too. Have yet to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the playfulness between 'being' and the bee pattern! Great new stash - though I know if it was my journal I would be afraid to touch it - I still have a few pristine ones lying around somewhere long forgotten - but it's in good hands with you! I'm sure you'll find a way to make it useful! Happy belated! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to try the new journal. It's kind of scarey but has a limited number of pages and I have Sal Scheibe's class that I want to try out in it so good to have a focus

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...