Sunday, August 23, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 33

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild 
(Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. 
See the original post HERE.
#33 : Wild. Effy's card was a wolf howling at the moon. I have more of an affinity with flowers, and was inspired by this collage image to use the humble dandelion as my inspiration this week. 
I had an old piece of cardboard - from a tissue box I think - with the seed head of a dandelion and decided to try a transfer. I used the packing tape transfer method HERE but once I rubbed off the cardboard, I really liked the white showing in the background so didn't persist. Some simple additions with a bit of wild stitching (my bobbin wasn't properly threaded!) and I was almost done here but not quite loving it.
Next day - seems obvious what was needed!
Another reminder that if I'm not happy with my art, I need to trust the feeling it's not finished and to wait for the inspiration needed to make me love it. Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...