Saturday, August 22, 2020

Creating a book a month : Shine

I began the year with an Intention to create a book a month : small and gorgeous, mixed media and stitched. This one's taken me 3 months but I have focussed on a different part of the process each month, and I needed to take this relaxed approach. 
In June, a friend gifted me Joanne Sharpe's lovely online class Art Sparks 1 : Words and Watercolour. We started by playing with watercolour to create base pages
and I shared in July how I had begun to put them together
I wanted to include stitch in some way and had more fun later that month creating stitched embellishments
Now in August I've finally been inspired to finish my Shine book. I love it and am so glad I took my time. 
I promised I'd share how my new uniball pens worked. It was really fun to use in combination with my Faber-Castell Brush pen to create this lettering - very smooth application and very black. I will be using again.
Here are my completed pages
Art Sparks 1 : Words and Watercolor is very reasonably priced and includes watercolour play, lettering, and bookbinding. Joanne's already produced Art Sparks 2 : Color. Collage. Concertina, and Art Sparks 3 : Pockets full of posies with more coming I believe. 
Hope you are inspired to create this month. 

6 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with your Shine book! So many things to look at throughout. The watercolor base pages are lovely, but then your doodling and lettering plus additions- just terrific. Pretty embellished binding, too. Super job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. This was a gift of a class from start to end. Just what I needed and really fun to explore different combinations

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Full of fun and colour! I must get back into doodling! The only doodling I do these days is while we have our weekly Zoom team meeting for work LOL! I should get a project like this going instead of doodling on scrap paper with a pencil! Mind you, I could probably use that as collage as well - why didn't I think of that before!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...