Saturday, April 1, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 13

Farewell March and the first quarter of the year! I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014. This is Week 13 : Ask someone else to draw on your page - finish it! And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : Theme: April Showers
Quote: Created with Salvaged Words
Started by asking my sons if they would like to draw on my page. The sixteen year old : "Can't draw mum, but I can put some words on if you like...." There was some lovely inky splatter on the page that came over from last week - so I gave him a purple glitter pen (basketball consumes every minute when not at school or with his girlfriend) #♥
Been wanting to try a watercolour technique from Effy's Book of Days so decided this was a good place to do it. I did a wee test in my studio book first to see how watercolours would behave on my small dylusions journal paper vs watercolour
After testing on a few different bases, I decided that for this project I'd be fine just to use good quality watercolours - this stack is Koh-i-noor dye-based watercolour 
Love the vibrancy of these. So I followed my son's lead, and went with a heart - then swoops of colour for journaling on the opposite page
I ♥ using "salvaged" (from the prompt) or I call them "found" words in my work - in fact I have a label for that so you can see some of the ways I use them by clicking HERE. We are still having warm temperatures and this spread takes us to the end of March, so here are my words and close-ups of some of my doodles. I am avoiding any thought of April showers and just nodding at that prompt with my use of watercolour ;-)
Really happy with this page and a bonus that it covers off a Book of Days lesson. All ready for this past week's Daily Journaling. 
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.
See my Flickr album for all my art from classes with Effy HERESign up to Book of Days or other classes with Effy Wild HERE

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colour play! I do love watercolour textures! They're so unpredictable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - and those particular dyes are so vibrant and lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...