Monday, April 17, 2017

FFII : Week 7.5 Bonus lesson

Hope you've had a happy Easter. I've had some lovely catch-ups with family and then got some good creative time today ♥
We are on hiatus for a month from Book of Days, and it's a chance to catch up on some other art. Effy Wild is an incredibly generous teacher and although we were promised 8 lessons for Facing Forward II : the things we need to hear, there were a couple of bonus ones. This lesson was originally presented when the outcome of the US Elections was first known #artistsforlove. You may have also seen this shared as part of Journal 52 : you can get the time lapse video HERE. This is Effy's art :
I decided I just wanted to make a single page spread 
My outline - loving her already ♥
A layer of gesso and then Effy demonstrated a method of blending a Pitt Pen big brush marker with a copic. Since I didn't have a copic of suitable colour, but I do have the big brush Pitt Pen in light flesh, I thought I would try my Tombow blending pen and it worked well. 
Sealed with clear gesso (remember you can see all of this in the time lapse video linked above) then added coloured pencil with blending stump - I used my Faber-Castell Polychromos Red-Violet
Love how the orange from the original layers shines through on her bottom lip. Adding turquoise and gold...two of my fav's.
I like to include my word for 2017 SHINE in my work. This time it's not an obvious use of the word, but it's one of the reasons I added the gold, and why I decided on the affirmation  : because I don't want to just rush through these holidays, and because aspects of my word are to Notice and to Enjoy.
Here she is complete.
See all the blog posts about the faces I've created in this class HERE. See my Flickr album for all my art from classes with Effy HERE

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your take on Effy's colourful spread - you've captured the style and feel of her prompt so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zsuzsa - she really speaks to me as well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...