Thursday, April 6, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 14

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 14 : Write your name and embellish it (not inspired by that at all this week!) And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : Theme for the month has been Bloom. Prompt : make drippy collage flowers. 
I started by using a stencil and paints for my days of the week - pretty
This week has been very stormy as we catch the end of Cyclone Debbie....no worries at my house but I am sick of "drips" and not ready for full-frontal winter yet so decided I would go for messy blooms instead. I was inspired by Alisa Burke's floral finger painting on YouTube and this blog post as well. These in turn put me in mind of a Life book lesson I did last year called Expressive Florals - not fingerpainting, but loose and messy and lovely ♥
When I went back to look at it again, I realised that I had only attempted the bonus lesson (actually from 2014). So here I am inspired by {some of} the actual main lesson from Week 32 2016 called "Grow Free" with Tam. Began with a sprayed background and very loose leafy shapes
Spatter and finger-painting - loose and fun and drippy flowers achieved :-)
This is the finished spread - not one of my favourites, but a fun experiment and I'm calling it done ready for journaling my week
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE

1 comment:

  1. full-frontal - LOL! Of course, you're going into winter now - I keep forgetting. I remember those floral LB lessons from last year very well. A good chance to catch up on the main lesson for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...