Sunday, January 8, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 2

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life project from 2014Week 2 : Selfie (with your one little word if desired). When I turned to my next spread in my journal, again there was already paint on the page.
One of the things I thought about in times past was to use this journal to focus on faces. So my first thought : I wonder if this coincidence means I should try drawing a selfie? I loved Tam's lesson about building a dream and affirmation board which I saw during the Woman Unleashed retreat. I had already done a lesson like this last year with her during Life Book 2016 :
This current journal is only 1/4 the size of the original project, but I enjoyed it so much I thought it would be fun to use the same photo of myself printed smaller and see what I could do on a smaller scale. Here's the initial image transfer
DId the face first - after working in a large journal for so long a small face was a challenge
I still have a little of the tissue with gold stars left, and it was perfect for my garment and I used a new stencil to add my word 
Once I added the background and detailings around her head plus the tape she's done
Here's the comparison of outcomes from the same lesson - feel like I want to do another large one now! Click on the photo to see it larger.
If you think you'd like to have a go at this, Tam's instruction video is available at the retreat until 15th January - sign up here. You need to join the retreat and then skip to Tam's name on the Schedule (I also enjoyed Alena Hennessy's art lesson)
I had added some of the background copper to the journaling page opposite, and then toned it all down with a layer of apricot paint for writing
Last week's journaling turned out like this : 
This time I ruled lines across the page for journaling, but then made a block for Saturday/Sunday. I quite like to include photos and the narrow strips aren't good for that. But maybe I'll mix it up this week....
I feel like I need more space, but perhaps this will be good discipline to just dwell on my happiest thoughts. The original project included flaps on every page. I do love tags and since my space for daily thoughts isn't large I need to think of creative ways to keep track of the weeks. Maybe if I think I'm going to have a full week I could attach my art on a flap. You'll have to keep checking back to see how this develops ;-)
You can see all my posts about this daily journaling project HERE and my Flickr album HERE. Do let me know if you are blogging about daily journaling so I can come see :-)
There is a FB group for 2017 - run by different people but to keep the concept going : it's called Life Documented 2017. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use those prompts purely because of the timing of their uploads. I'll let you know...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're right up to date with your daily journalling. This is something I want to try one day but most days I wouldn't have anything interesting to report other than what I had for breakfast LOL! Like how you recreated the selfie - perhaps I can see a bit of Effy influence there! I kinda like working small and you're right, you can always include a flap. I love flaps - they add interest and make the journal more interactive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think bits of all my teachers are rubbing off on me - I love this lesson from Tam. I am finding it a struggle to work small - probably a good challenge for me this year :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...