Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 16

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild (Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. See the original post HERE.
#16 : Sensual. Inspired by my response to a recent prompt in my Autumn Art Journal about the senses.
Begun with a background using that altered brown paper that I made in 2012! (the advantages of having a blog where I capture my process)
Tactile was the way to go with this. Decided to do some more leaves stitched on paper  - I love the raggedy imperfection. A mix of hard (the heart brad) and soft (sari ribbon), delicate (butterfly) and spikey (the net), glowing metallic and serviceable dictionary definition. Very Autumnal feeling to this card which isn't surprising given the inspiration.
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE 

3 comments:

  1. You made paper! That's impressive. And you kept it all this time until it found a beautiful home. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do "Play Days" with friends when I wasn't working. Have a stash of lots of gorgeous bits thankfully. Good at organising but not good at throwing things out

      Delete
    2. I decorated paper - not quite so impressive but still fun.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...