Saturday, April 11, 2020

Autumn Advent Journal : Days 5-9

Sharing progress in my handmade book for April. That link will give you the background to this project. 
Day 5 : Going for a walk Although we are in lockdown, we are encouraged to keep exercising and we are allowed to walk around in our own neighbourhoods. We are having family walks almost every day. Autumn is making itself felt in the quality of the air and the leaves are beginning to turn but we are blessed with lovely warm days of sunshine. I enjoyed the effect of using a natural sponge to apply paint to my latest Journal 52 card so decided to do that for my initial layer of colour. Love how a discovery in one project inspires further creativity in the next.
Day 6 : Instructions from Mary Oliver
I love that I live in a country where the seasons change. Hard to get a good photo of my climbing rose with rose hips cos I'm a bit short but they are deserving of attention. Nature is so beautiful and astonishing. Started simple with watercolour and small sketches. Easy play
Then paid attention with mark marking. Really fun. Take notice
Day 7 : Favourite recipe I am known for my raspberry and white chocolate shortcake. It's lucky to last more than a day at my house and whenever I'm on morning tea at work it's expected. 
Really happy that I found some rosehips for my collage to link these pages.
Day 8 : Cut-out poem Decided to create a rich background so my found words will stand out. Very inspired by my journal page created earlier on this day : "Storm Rider" (and the connection to my Journal 52 card this week = Storm!)
I'm starting with the words that I tore from that magazine as the title for my poem. My usual habit is to tear a random page from an old Large Print book and see what comes up for me - I can use both sides of the page. I was going to start with a clean page, but when I opened my book these words jumped up at me.
I took it as a sign and this is what came up
Day 9 : Writing freely Free writing with pencil horizontally and then vertically. Washed with glaze and then just did what felt good. Art is a balm to current challenges.
To see other pages in this project scroll through my April posts.

4 comments:

  1. Your backgrounds are so deep and rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic mini book and the cake looks so yummy! Enjoy the beginnings of your autumn - it's already too hot for me around here 24-25 C! Hard to imagine I was wearing thick jumpers and woolly hats just a few short weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy! Although today a bit yuck with wind and squally showers we have been blessed with sunshine and 20 degrees. Perfect weather

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...