Monday, October 25, 2021

A Fodder Keeper for my collage fodder

The lesson for the second half of this month in Fodder School with Tiffany Sharpe is making a Fodder Keeper - it's a book structure to keep the collage fodder in. This is mine :
These are the pages before they were put in. I love the subtle patterning 
Back and front cover below. I used my papers that I shared HERE from the original fodder challenge
The plastic pockets mean I can store fodder by colour
or shape
I've made the pockets of various sizes
It's a wonderful way to organise all that I've done so far
and is pretty to look at like this until the pieces are needed for future projects
Tiffany and Wendy Solganik of Willa Wanders are the co-creaters of Fodder School
Wendy has created a video which explains what Collage Fodder is and a bit about Fodder School. Go HERE to see the explanations and be inspired by her gorgeous work.
We are only 1 month in and I am thrilled with what I've created so far. Class runs for 12 months with 12 different teachers. It's not too late to join us. Can't wait to see what we're going to get in November with DeeDee Catron - find her on Instagram and see her floral fodder on YouTube and check out her Website. DeeDee has also kept a record of where we can find any lessons that have been shared from the original #fodderchallenge in June 2021. All the artists featured there are going to be teachers in Fodder School.

4 comments:

  1. Your Fodder Keeper looks wonderful and I'm certainly tempted to sign up, but I think I'll just follow along as an outsider. Thanks for all the links for inspiration, though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the inspiration will keep coming from this class :-)

      Delete
  2. What a fun project! I've made some of the fodder, but not the keeper yet. Will you add beads to your spine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I decided to use those busy papers for my covers I thought I'd keep the spine simple and just enjoy the fabric.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...