Monday, August 9, 2021

Fodder Challenge

I hadn't done as much as I'd hoped from the free Fodder Challenge class during my holidays, so I decided to concentrate this past week on completing the lessons I was really drawn to before access finished yesterday.
I shared some paper dolls HERE that I made inspired by Megan Whisner Quinlan
and really want to create more of these. A lovely art friend loaned me her face stamps so I've now created a fodder stash for future use for dolls on cardstock
And then created these stencil faces for use in my art journal - love these on large print book paper, and of course with stencils you get double value with faces going both ways depending which side you pounce the paint through
Rebecca Chapman shared how she paints sticker sheets and then creates collages. See a quick reel on her Insta HERE. I have been meaning to buy sticker sheets since I joined The Painted Project and saw Sandi Keene make lovely watercolour stickers. These are my take.  I used dylusions spray in the background and then various botanical stencils with acrylic and metallic paints. Excited to try using the Kraft stickers later...
Note to self - may have been easier to peel off the round stickers to keep on plastic for future use instead of the border... 
Wendy Solganik (Willa Wanders) shared her wonderful process for creating tags from a master sheet. You can take this class now for US$20 HERE. These are Willa's tags
I did my own version of a 'master sheet' using a limited palette (paua colours) over  different types of paper. Left to right : book paper, black card stock, lavender card stock. Some will become tags, and some will just be used for collage papers.
I've loved doing this, and I can't wait for October and this year-long collaborative experience with 12 teachers that make me excited. 
You can sign up HERE. Price now US$187 and registrations close August 31 with class starting 1st October. I was gifted money for my birthday and enrolled last month. There are already some lessons up in the classroom to start getting organised. Might see you there. 
P.S. DeeDee Catron is keeping a record of where content from the original challenge can now be accessed. She said she'll update as teachers share in different places. Find that HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those stickers! They are wonderful. But all of the elements are as well. You're journals are really going to get jazzed up with all of this fodder. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the stickers too! But also can't wait to use my stenciled faces....so many possibilities :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...