Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Year of Mary : Keep some room in your heart

I love Effy Wild's "A Year of Mary" monthly lessons and have been rationing them out to make them last. So far I've done January, February and May. I can't believe it's been so long since I completed a lesson! Since it's Lockdown in New Zealand, I thought a bit of Mary and Effy might help
💜 The lessons are all so beautiful that I couldn't choose, and used a random number generator to pick my next one. For July's lesson we're working again with the Mary Oliver's poem Evidence. Last time we worked with kindness & mischief, but this time it's "Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable." We're in unimaginable times. I'm keeping room in my heart for love, for kindness, for empathy, and for gratitude. I am counting my blessings that I am in a bubble with people I love and that we can work from home. 
We began with a black gessoed background and metallic watercolours.
I suspect there will be more of these lessons to share in the near future...See all my art from this class HEREEffy Wild is doing "A Year of Mary" as a monthly lesson exclusively on her Patreon at the $5 (speed painting) or $10 (full length tutorial and PDF) per month levels. Lessons are released mid-month.

5 comments:

  1. The metallics are very effective on the gesso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I must get back to doing my Marys, even if they don't turn out this well.

    On a completely different matter, do you know where I find the settings that enable me to answer other peoples comments on my own blogspot blog? I've never been able to do it, and I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cally. I just hit reply here as though I was a visitor to the blog and I am signed in with the same gmail as I generate the blog with. I don't recall setting anything up specially. But check in your blogger settings. Hope it works. Lovely to see you here :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that. :-) After trying about 20 different googled helps, I have finally fixed it. Heaven knows what else I've stuffed up in the process, but I'm happy for now!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...