Monday, April 26, 2021

A Year of Mary : I want to be light and frolicsome

I've got behind with these wonderful lessons but they're not going anywhere and I'm going to do them in order for the year. This is February's lesson inspired by Mary Oliver's poem Starlings in Winter. Decided to include a fantail since they epitomise
 "light and frolicsome" for me. My spread was inspired by these words from the poem :
I want to be light and frolicsome.
I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
as though I had wings.
My fantail block stamp and pretty scrapbook paper to inform my colour choices
Began with metallic watercolours and then added some collage of both sides of that paper. 
Face using another watersoluble pencil but not the usual Stabilo black so it's softer
She is silver and light 💜
The wooden block stamps can be tricky to stamp directly into the journal (especially with collage elements already there) so I stamped with black staz-on ink onto white tissue resting on an old mouse pad to get good contact, then tore around it before gluing in with gel medium.
Effy Wild is doing "A Year of Mary" as a monthly lesson exclusively on her Patreon at the $5 (speed painting) or $10 (full length tutorial and PDF) per month levels. Lessons are released mid-month. See all my art from this class HERE

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of the metallic watercolor! And great tip about using a mouse pad to get a good stamped image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...