Friday, April 9, 2021

52 Tags : Week 14

I'm participating in Anne Brooke's weekly Tag challenge. You can view her demo each week on Youtube #52tagshannemade. Week
 14 : A treasure and a pocket. We're to be inspired by a place this week and Anne encouraged us to do a flat lay of our collection before we start so here's mine. 
Always inspired by the beach - it's my happy place. Although Week 12 also had this theme for me, this week's tag is going to be much softer colours. My pocket size was determined by the length of my fabric - happily I had a selvedge that I could use for the edge.
Straight away I decided a pocket is an opportunity for another tag! I glued a piece of an atlas page featuring my ocean and added the trimmings from the edge of my main fabric for the tag ribbon before gluing on some shells with E6000 glue. It's supposed to be tough stuff and they won't be getting rough treatment. Left to dry over night to be sure they're properly fixed.
I love Seahorses so added one from my new sticker book to the back, over paint applied with a natural sea sponge! Having fun with how far I can push this 😀
That's the treasure done. Then it was time to complete my main tag with pocket. I used both hand and machine stitching because that makes me happy. And metallic thread 💜 Made sure the pocket had a bit of room in it for my shells and very happy with this result

3 comments:

  1. So luxurious! Love the shells and the circle beads! The beach would be my happy place too if we lived closer to it - where we are, we couldn't be further away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just delightful! You've included so many wonderful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lovely ladies - this was a really fun one to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...