Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Wanderlust : a desire to do everything

Wanderlust Week 8 with Renee Mueller. This week we're exploring Ephemera as a way of collecting ideas. Although Renee's lesson was very different from my style in many ways, she included stitch and texture, and
shared a quote by Claude Monet that I resonated with. I decided to print it on some scrapbook paper that is muted but in my style and happily the printing of it fit perfectly with the pattern of metallic silver dots. 
I 💜 using stencils, modeling paste, stamping, hand stitching, machine stitching, combining paper with stitch with fabric, using sheet music and words, experimenting - like these hexagon shapes inspired by last week's tag but I tried them with paper
I also love layers and texture, and fibre and lace, and postage stamps. I would never have created this spread without Renee's lesson and am loving the weekly challenge of this course, working with different ideas that make me think about how I create.

2 comments:

  1. Very textural and love how you transferred the hexagonal fabric design to paper as well. Works great both ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love that the paper ones will remind me of the tag from that week.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...