Monday, February 8, 2021

Wanderlust : Collage-ology

Wanderlust Week 6 with Kristin Peterson
This month's theme is ephemera and this week's lesson was introduced as a collage and texture adventure. I decided to approach this week by writing down the steps of her third demonstration video and then use them as though I was pulling prompts as we do for journal jam.
Layer collage (using Kristin's Helpful Hints) Happily, I glued the wrong side of my old magazine page and found a great heading to start the page. I protected the words with a layer of gel medium so I should be able to wipe off future layers that cover too much.
Layer first paint layers and add drippage by adding water
Drip and move fluid acrylic/ink
Add tape (she used masking tape for extra texture) I adore this pink tapa washi tape and had peeled it off another project so was great to be able to use it. 
White paint 
Dylusions spray
Drips of fluid acrylic/ink I used white ink splatter since the white paint was pretty much covered by the dylusions spray layer. 
Sponge colour through a background stencil Used one of my favourite stencils
Add drippage with black and other black around the page Instead of doing the drippage, and wanting to add more collage I decided to use black thread to create a tag. 
I also added the triangle stencil in the border and some black ink pad smooshed on some of the edges
Let dry completely and consider how to finish. Calm the page down with stencils. I was happy that I'd added enough stencils but decided more black would help unify the page so found a butterfly for an added collage element, and some found words to finish.
This was a really fun spread playing with all the things I love

4 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...