Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Journal Jam

Another Journal Jam that I could do live :-) I love arting alongside Effy Wild in Canada. Her 2pm afternoon is my 8am the next day. Watch the unedited replay HERE.
Add some tape I have some old rolls of tape which is cream and I've been using as a good layer in a background. I use gel medium to make sure it sticks properly.
Mix your own colour Effy chose to use Iridescent Fine Gold Bright with Carbon Black to create an antique gold colour and I decided to follow that since I love metallics and have never tried that colour. Brayered on and I filled in round the outer edges with my brush
Draw a face Yay! She will hopefully sit nicely next to my last journal girl.
Scribble Scribbly writing with a pitt pen
Glaze I used Golden brand transparent high flow acrylics for my glazes. No idea why she has blue hair!
Love Hearts My own hand carved stamp on some collage paper I made almost a year ago - I love using little pieces of it in my art.
Least favourite colour I needed to add some colour to my background so decided to add another glaze. I don't use red very often and usually it's blue toned if I do use it. When I reached for my transparent napthol red light it wasn't even opened so clearly a least favourite colour! I like the effect - perhaps I'll use red more often...
White pen This  became Effy's last prompt and led into the tending/finishing stage for her, but I obviously had more to do. When I added her skin tones I took the opportunity to move her eyes further apart, and did some other coloured pencil detailing on her face.
I wasn't able to keep up to art along in real time all the way through this week, but I loved her so much I finished her later in the day ♥ Has also loosened me up for doing this week's self-portrait Wanderlust lesson so that's a bonus.

4 comments:

  1. That background colour looks awesome and I love how you layered the face on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love how well that red works. Unexpected :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the gold in the background with your additions. She has a dreamy look- nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...