Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Quilt inspirations

We are into Week 2 of Term 2 and it has been a whirlwind of hugely busy and challenging with the same view ahead for the foreseeable future. Looked after myself by having Friday night away with a fabulous girlfriend which included a walk on the beach and visit to an inspiring quilt show. 
I'm a beach babe - my body has a physical joy and stress release response as soon I can see the waves and my feet hit the sand. And though we are well into Autumn we had great weather and I had to remove my jacket soon after this photo as the walk progressed ♥
Saturday afternoon we went to the Kapiti Coast Quilters' show
The show was made even more fun by sharing the experience with my Aunties and lovely mum. I took a few photos of quilts that inspired me so sharing them here, along with the tags giving credit to the makers. Please click on any photo to see it larger.
I was especially taken with this one (got my viewer's choice vote) so took another detail photo
This quilt below is not in a colour palette I would choose, but what a great idea for featuring gorgeous fabric 
 And this last one....again, not my colours, but what an interesting design
There were lovely shops as well - while I am quite restrained about purchasing fabric until I have an actual project in mind (read - has a very large stash of fabric I could never use in my lifetime!!) I have no such qualms about delightful stencils, and 1/2 price was all the encouragement required to bring these lovelies home
Great timing to be inspired by the quilts - I'm in the midst of making a quilt for a friend's baby (quilt panel purchased by her)
I'll share more when it's done....Also I am teaching neo-natal quilts to a class at school again as part of our Electives program starting this Friday.These were the finished quilts last year and I'm teaching a larger group this time.
But wait, there's more! Our local club has its annual Tote & Gloat this coming Saturday, so I'll be sharing more quilt inspirations next week. Check out what inspired me last year HERE.
Please click on the label below for other Quilt inspiration posts.

4 comments:

  1. I love the ocean as well- and I keep a video I took of the waves coming in on my phone to look at from time to time. What an inspiring group of quilts! A quilt show makes me want to go right home and start sewing. A packed post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful get-away! Glad you had good weather and didn't need the jacket on all the time. I love its colour! The quilt show must have been awesome - my vote would go to No. 79 - those colourful geometric circles grabbed me straight away! Lovely that you can teach at the school too - I bet your quilting class is very popular with the girls! Enjoy the beauty of Autumn while we're marching into Summer - it's already too hot for my liking LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Zsuzsa - another quilt inspiration post coming soon ♥ 15 students for the small quilts at school this time! Challenging but awesome and I have 3 grandmothers helping which makes it special too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...