Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Doodled magazine faces

Have been continuing to doodle over magazine faces in one of my recycled journals. It's an excellent way to bring art inside to your couch. Rather than working from first page to last as I usually do, I decided to flick through and be inspired this time. For the first page, I knew her hair area would be fun to decorate and I was inspired by the girl's top = perfect for lettering. I began with the hair doodles
and then went in search of words - I always love Victoria Erickson's words and her poem about Winter was perfect to remind myself that we are heading into a cycle of rest, stillness, and being kind to ourselves.
I was happy to keep the words lovehate at the bottom of the page - I love the poem's message but don't like that winter is coming....decided that I needed just a few more side doodles to finish this page but left her face untouched this time
On the facing page I had another girl with great hair space for doodling
I doodled on her body and garment sleeves. Wasn't going to add colour but didn't like what I did when doodling in the background with black pen so covered it with pink paint and love it! So cool that mistakes often lead to an even better result than first intended.
Also really like that I am leaving some of the page clear of doodles  
Always so interesting to compare the before and after 
See more of this journal by clicking on the links below.

4 comments:

  1. This must have been super fun! You're right about the lines in her shirt screaming out for some lettering - love the musings about winter and a slower pace of life. Happy doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, these are so much fun! The shirt is perfect for the writing and I like the pink background, too. Photos like these just invite doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they were super fun. Looking forward to my next free time to be inspired again. Not very good about slowing the pace of life lately though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really enjoy your journaling pages.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...