Friday, December 4, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 48

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild (Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. See the original post HERE
#48 : Melancholy For the first time all year (I think) this prompt doesn't fit my mood. I'm definitely experiencing times of feeling overwhelmed and exhausted but I had to search for a way to make this work. 
I made bookmarks for gifts this week and decided to use some cardstock as part of that process so I could use it for the base of this card.
Not sure that it looks melancholy, but one of the synonyms I looked up was "blue" so I started with that. It was fun to include some of the wool and tape that I'd used for the bookmarks too, as well as my beloved sari ribbon. Play led to symbolism with spirals and not knowing which way to turn. The antidote is the butterfly which signifies hope and new beginnings.
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE

2 comments:

  1. I think if the prompt doesn't fit your mood, you can always make it about how you're not feeling that way, which I think your card did in a way! For me, this prompt would be about how I would be feeling melancholic if it wasn't for the joy of making art and I think that optimism comes through your creation as well. Hope you get some respite soon from feeling overwhelmed and exhausted - the holidays are coming, just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love the optimism of the butterfly. 9 days to go!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...