Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 13

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild (Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. See the original post HERE.
#13 : Embodied. Thinking about being fully present in your own skin and listening to what your body needs. Inspired by the art work Effy used for this prompt - I shared this with you on my blog in 2018 
and I've responded a couple of times with my own silhouettes of female bodies.
Began with the papers lying leftover on my table from my March book
I decided to use one of my own silhouettes so printed a photo of my art resized to fit onto my card. Cut out to use as a mask.
Started with some stencils before adding a glaze and thinking about how I will incorporate stitch.
My word was "found" in Effy's notes this time - I printed it large on one of my recycled papers. My stitch elements are lace and the hearts were an important addition to indicate self-love. My completed card makes me smile. 
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE. I love to see the monthly progress - this is a photo of my collection so far. That's the first quarter of the year💜

2 comments:

  1. Love the "group photo" of all of your pieces together so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...