Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 10

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild (Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. See the original post HERE.
#10 : Friendship. Inspired by this poem which Victoria Erickson posted this week.
I am filled with gratitude for all of the people that are showing up for me in so many ways at the moment. I appreciate their love and light and feel so lucky to have all the support as I face the months ahead with the challenges of breast cancer. 
I sat with this quote and decided I needed a hand and a heart. Began with gold because of the glow and I treasure my friendships and the added colours from my most recent stitch project. Cut a hand shape from paper, then lay a stencil over top. Sponge through and get an interesting hand print 
Lay the shape that you cut out over this as a mask to sponge more interest around the edge
Hand stitched a fabric heart, added my found word and added back on the corner of the 10 ♥ card since this is the 10th prompt and all about love.
I wanted to add something that reflected the light and fire from the poem. I love my gorgeous collection of sari ribbons and my friends help me to Shine
Hope you are fitting creativity into your week. Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE

6 comments:

  1. I know I haven't been around much but think of you often, Lynette. You've been so incredibly creative these past few months - it simply amazes me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of amazes me too but it is such an incredible gift to be able to affirm what's important and celebrate all the things I have to be grateful for. Doing much better than I would have believed with treatment so enjoying that while I can. One done - next on Monday xo

      Delete
  2. I love your rendition of Journal 52 on these cards! I have made around 6 altered card decks and need to get a deck of these jumbo cards to play with. Glad you are doing so well! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary. It's a really fun project and great size to art on.

      Delete
  3. Creative and very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...