Monday, December 2, 2019

Creative bookmarks

Every year I have a team of student librarians who help me in my school library. I have got into a tradition of making bookmarks for them as a thank you. These were from last year
And these from 2017 
I used the same method again for this year because it's a quick way to create with lovely results and I needed to create 30 bookmarks! Beginning with 2 x A3 sized watercolour paper for my base. This year I started by painting my bases first
Spraying through stencils and mopping up onto the opposite page as I went
 
Once they are cut they look quite different and I looked at each one individually before adding fibre and I wondered if extra elements were required. 
Turns out only a few needed extra white stamping 
I just love the bright ones but not everyone has my taste and I can never predict which ones the children will choose
It's really interesting to consider each one separately - each unique in its inky patterned loveliness. 

4 comments:

  1. So colorful- what a nice gift for your helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fab - especially all together - must be so much fun making them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they come together fairly easily. Amazing how different they look once they are cut apart!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...