Sunday, December 9, 2018

Bookmarks and Creative Cards

I work as a librarian in a school and every year I make bookmarks to gift to my student helpers. Here's what I did this year - sprays and stencils are my favourite base
Printed on the both sides of pieces of heavy watercolour paper
I seemed to have even less time than other years so at this point I just cut the paper to size, punched a hole in the end and added fibres
And below are the other sides - I was interested to see what appealed to the children - I didn't predict what they would love and my favourite was chosen last.
I wished I'd thought ahead before I cut the paper to size, but then my mind turned to other possible uses for the leftovers
I also have this pack of Tim Holtz Botanical Layer pieces gifted to me by a friend last year - they are cardstock 
You can just use glue to attach them of course
But very cool that the butterfly wings can stick out a bit if you just stitch the bodies
I always love stitching on a bit of sari ribbon
Great to have card bases prepared for future use ♥
All can have words and extra imagery added when I know who's going to receive them. I love how they've turned out so far and I'm never very good at leaving white space but really loving how these look....maybe some will just have some found words and be done.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the colour explosion here is just amazing and such a cool way to turn them into cards as well! Super inspiring again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ♥ I am especially pleased with the card bases

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such inky goodness! and clever, clever use of the trimmings. Those cards are so unique. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...