Saturday, December 8, 2018

#arteveryday : week 5

I first shared my idea of #arteveryday in my November musings post. I'm continuing in December, since last month I found that doing something daily, even if it's a very small thing, is feeding my desire to create even more ♥ 
Saturday 1st December - I fell for a new class before the early-bird pricing ran out!....early Christmas present for me of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Gelli Journals
Sunday A very busy family weekend celebrating my Aunty's 80th birthday and catching up with lots of out-of-town visitors. Thrilled to also complete my bookmarks for my school librarians ready for delivery tomorrow
Monday Set up my new Inner Work Journal 
and thrilled to find this feature wire hanger for my feathered Christmas tree quilt (made in 2014) It has an ordinary hanging sleeve on the back but now it can hang in any location to replace a picture on the wall in December ♥
Tuesday Got my machine loaded with different threads and stitching again on my gorgeous face.... a little and often is what I need to do
Wednesday More machine stitching and thinking about using up leftovers from the bookmarks
Thursday 
Friday I stayed late at work for Service assembly {I am librarian at Carncot Independent School}; my youngest got home from a week at school camp; I had lovely drinks with a group of girlfriends I used to work with, followed by dinner out with friends we've known for 30 years ♥ Thought I would share someone else's creativity today! This is the spray-painted art work recently completed on an outside wall at my school - featuring NZ Native flora and fauna
This morning I checked off the December engagements attended this week - many of the unticked will happen in the week to come.  
I'm looking forward to a lovely creative and restful weekend. 
If you've got free time this weekend (5 days from Fri 7th Dec-Tues 11th Dec) you can access the FREE interviews and activities from the Life Book Summit event in October - check out all the speakers HERE. I was going to list my Top 5 favourites but my list was too long....definitely work checking out if you have the time.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely recap of the week. I signed up for the Gelli Journal class as well. Have not yet had time, but soon I hope. Itching to get into some paints. You're right- the stitching is a process that you can move along a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy - yes I can't wait for journal class time. Only a bit more than a week to go at school and then some more creative time awaits

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...