Sunday, July 1, 2018

June review and looking towards July

I've been finding monthly reviews useful to focus where I'm headed and celebrate what I've done when I feel like I haven't done much. We are half way through the year and Winter is really here. June was Birthday month - for the Queen, for me, and for my younger son ♥ 
I simplified my creative intentions for June and wanted to keep stitching and try working on one art journal page every week. I created a check box to help my focus : 
As you can see, it worked! Although I posted less in June, I completed more art journal pages than in recent months as well as another project which I can't share until later this week....I've continued to write, muse and save helpful wisdom in my Inner Work journal
I LOVED the book "Lost for words" - it put me in mind of "Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine" which I have recommended here. And am currently enjoying "The lustre of lost things". Broadchurch series 1 & 2 became a bit of a binge watch - excellent viewing. 
My most recent art journal page included an exercise in writing down what I'm proud of about myself. 
The things that impact my creative life are : 
So proud that I keep going and don't give up - I am still SHINING - I am still writing in my Inner Work journal and the benefits from that continue - I am continuing my creative practice - I am loving the art I am producing - I am more realistic about what I can achieve in a day - proud of the work I do at school both with how they are excited about the library and the extras I do with craft club - proud that I am still stitching but have let go of other projects like stamp carving until the time is right - proud that I am still blogging but not making it a stick to beat myself if I'm not posting
Creativity appeared a lot in my list and I am grateful for its central place in my life. I have been blogging for 8 years on 13th July! I'm really happy to be still doing that in a way that supports me and that it changes over time. 
July brings 2 weeks of school holidays - usually a more productive time for me in terms of creative projects. They are my reward for the time needed to catch up on some necessary evils like cleaning the oven! It's also time to prune roses and hopefully there'll be some days without rain so I can do my final weed in the garden until Spring. Here's my list of intentions for July :
It's more detailed than June because of those school holidays. The column on the right contains holiday jobs and I hope to do those in the morning and have creative fun in the afternoon. One more week of school to go. Wishing you a happy and creative July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...