Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Altered Book : Kindle holder

Recently one of my clever friends decided she'd make a cover for her kindle by cutting and gluing pages together in a recycled book - very cool I think.
Then she said she'd really like some of my art every time she opened it. She loves dragonflies and autumn colours and provided me with a couple of things to include. 
Needs to be flat so cover will close, so I knew stencils would be lovely and I'd recently shown my 2017 daily art journal to a friend so those covers became my inspiration :
I started with a layer of gold again to make it glow, and used a few of my metallic paints with various stencils, serviettes and stamping
and a piece of ribbon so she can pop the kindle out easily
I could have left it there, but I knew it needed some more dark to make it come to life so next morning I added more serviettes - I have a really lovely botanical one
and I had another dragonfly
I often use butterflies in my work, so couldn't help including just one
It was a lovely project to do and so awesome to be asked. So glad she loves it ♥ 
Click on any photo to enjoy it larger.

2 comments:

  1. So very clever and personal! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - it was fun but really worth while when she so obviously loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...