Monday, April 2, 2018

Moonshine : Moon Mandala

It's been full moon and that's a time for celebration and release, for course correction and gratitude. I already talked about course correction HERE and my intention for April is to rest and recharge. I decided a mandala would be a great way to celebrate the learnings I'm receiving from this class. This is a crossover lesson because it's also inspired from our last Book of Days lesson for Session 1 before Hiatus - see Effy's HEREMaking art in the round is a meditative process so it was both fun and restful. I began with a couple of stencils at my centre
And built out from there with white gel pen, moonlight pens (appropriate I think ♥) and other metallics
My inky background represents our shortening days and I wanted to include autumnal colours - leaves are turning but there is still plenty of green and sunshine. 
I love to include words in my art - sometimes as affirmations
- sometimes as a reminder of where I am right now
I love this face at the centre - imperfect, soft
And my completed page makes me very happy
You can sign up for this and other classes by Effy Wild HERE. See my Flickr album of all art work inspired by Effy's classes HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...