Sunday, April 8, 2018

And the sky is purple...

I started this page with finger painting and this song in my head by Six60 - one of my favourite kiwi bands :  
And the sky is purple, purple, purple...
I'ma keep shining
I'ma keep shining all my love
{If you're new here, SHINE is my word of the year} I used my fingers to apply acrylic paint
along with some of my recently made hand-carved stamps and simple drywall tape - still applying the paint with my fingers
Lovely textures
When I got to this point, I could see a face....
Details refined
I had added some gold for Shine, and thought she was done, but took a photo just to be sure
Always a good idea for a different perspective - suddenly obvious she needs more of a suggestion of hair. Now it's done and I LOVE it/her
This is truly intuitive painting : Organic, unexpected and completely original by me ♥

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful effort. The colors, the face... all wonderful. You've inspired me and I'm going to try some hand carved stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me so happy Nancy - I love her, but love even more that I have inspired you ♥ Happy creative week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...