As you've seen in my last couple of posts, I finished the journal I've been using for my calendar journaling and had to make a decision about which journal to use next.
Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions journal was a major contender ::
I bought the large size (11 3/4 x 9 inches) in my last December, Christmas money spend before my thrifty intentions started. However, the pages are much the same size as what I've been using, and I was thinking that a different format might be fun. As I put the Dylusions journal back in the cupboard, I came across this pad of watercolour paper - I had purchased it for a VERY thrifty sale price of $1!
I've been enjoying my watercolour crayons and twinkling H20s so will be fun to do more of that, and 20 pages should keep me happy for a while. The only problem with using this is the glossy paper front which isn't going to be any good as a cover. I will share what I've done about that in the next post.
In the my last post I showed you how I created this cover
The first step was to apply modelling paste through a stencil
I cleaned off the stencil using a baby wipe onto my first watercolour page
It still has a wee bit of texture, and resists watercolour twinkling H2Os nicely
I decided to try the twinkling H2Os applied over a stencil (below shot still has stencil in place)
Low expectations of how well this might work since the watercolours applied quite runny and was pleasantly surprised when I lifted the stencil
Quite happy when enhanced by pens
Here's the first page completed. Click on the photo to see it larger.
Looking forward to experimenting more with my various watercolour paints, watersoluble crayons, and watercolour pencils. I have quite a stash ;-)