Here's the background pieced and the applique pieces fused down.
The flowers before and after stitching - click on the photos to really see the difference
I gave the dragonfly a bit of extra sparkle by outlining it with metallic thread.
I had all the stitching done and should have been at framing stage, but I just knew it wasn't finished. Left it for a day and when I came back it was obvious the bird needed detailing with metallic thread and a bead for the eye.
Once I added that bead I realised I needed beads in a few other places!
and it has a co-ordinating card
I love that even though these are McKenna Ryan patterns, I have made them my own.
The first was given for my mum & dad's 50th wedding anniversary, and this second is being delivered as a 50th birthday present this weekend.