Sunday, January 12, 2014

Love fabric collage

A new stitched project for the new year started with fabric gatherings - recently found a term that is perfect for this stage : "shopping my stash".
Applique pieces were fused on top - you might recognise this as a McKenna Ryan pattern
Then it was free-motion stitched
- love seeing the difference that stitching makes (click on the photos to see the details)
Then I decided it needed just a little something more : number stamped with foam stamps and gold acrylic paint then stitched
This is for my parents' wedding anniversary and now it's complete
I also made a card to go with it
Great instructions on how to wrap your art onto a mounted canvas by Lyric Kinard HERE
although I do use staples to secure mine instead of just fusing
Wanting to do more wall art this year and I'm making another one from this series. Especially happy that this all came out of my stash so I'm sticking with my word :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful -your Mum and Dad would have been quite touched to receive such a lovely anniversary gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...