Bloggy Got Back

Friday, August 9, 2013

More Pieces for the Indian Wall-hanging

Last time you saw a full view of my progress the wall-hanging looked like this.
Although I didn't start my wall-hanging until this year, I was thinking about doing an indian-inspired piece back in May 2012. In this post I showed some modelling paste experiments. At the end of that day I had some pieces which I have since transformed. This was the modelling paste through a stencil onto sheet music
I first painted the page with green metallic paint, then gold, and cut it into circles.
They've become the base for pile of punched paper, sequins and beads.
On that original playday, we also added paper castings to a treated Pelmet Vilene background
More recently I added some more gold metallic rubbing to highlight the shape and then stitched it to the background with a sari ribbon edging
I pulled out some metal embellishments the other day
I coloured the triangle shapes with alcohol inks - they look really cool if you click on the photo below to see the detail.
And you may recognise the butterflies from a purchase in Taupo
Hopefully next time I post about this project it will be to show it finished...As you can see there are only a couple of gaps left to fill!
Hope you get some creative time this weekend

2 comments:

Jacqui Chimes said...

This is coming on beautifully - can't wait to see it finished

Anni - Fabric and Mixed Media Art said...

Wow Lynette this will be an fantastic piece when it is finished, love all the different techniques.
Anni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...