Sunday, July 25, 2010

Paper and stitch

We finally went to see Toy Story 3 at the movies yesterday....it was great. If you haven't seen it, and you loved the first 2 movies, you should definitely go. Some nice new characters, most of the old fav's, and a good plot. I especially loved the Ken/Barbie story - the closet scene was hilarious :-)
On the creative front, I have been very happy to complete the bases for more pages for my stitch/paper book that I shared with you on Friday.The image of the woman under the tree is an Erte one from a small diary that my friend bought me cheap cos she knows how much I love his art - thanks Katherine :-)And I am loving the decorative stitches on my Janome machine. Such fun to stitch on paper - I have been wanting to do it for so long, and now I'm wondering why I didn't start sooner!This is the pile of bases - there are 14 of them which are folded in 1/2. Once they are sewn as signatures, they will give 56 pages to the book. Next up is embellishing the pages, and I would like to make a start on the cover this week.
And I am continuing with my Art Journal. I normally do my collage and image first and then decide what to journal about. We had lovely weather today, and the yellows on this page were fittingly warm. Most of my bulbs are up, so the journalling is about lovely spring days full of newness and hope.
Talk to you again soon :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I have been so wanting to use an old, old sewing machine and stitch some paper...I should try now. Yours is great. It's nice to "see' you again! Thank you for stopping by and following, and for your comment. I love your Blog post and art journaling and will be following you now, too! This is so much fun! ♥Kathy PS. We want to see Toy Story 3 this week. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your Art journal. Paper sewing is a heap of fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynette,
    Love the pages you've sewen - great stiches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...