Sunday, May 9, 2021

Wanderlust : Sumptuous silhouettes

The theme for the classes in Wanderlust 2021 for April was Silhouette. Despite getting behind with these lessons, I still want to do most of them so will concentrate on them for the next few posts to catch up. Week 15 was a lesson with Kate Crane. I was excited to try alcohol inks on a gelli plate and to use this greeting card holder that has been waiting in my stash for the perfect occasion.
I am loving the grungy imperfection of these alcohol ink gelli prints and this colour combo makes me happy.
Then added Quinacridone Nicko Azo gold with a baby wipe to fill in the gaps and love it even more!
I decided to celebrate the meditative state art can bring.
To finish, I added those gorgeous gates.
I love working in my small Dylusions journal for these lessons. An open spread is smaller than 1 page in my watercolour journal and enables me to focus on the specific technique without the size becoming overwhelming.
See all my other posts about this class HERE. If you want to check out Kate Crane's free inspiration videos using a gelli plate, including some with alcohol inks, go HERE

4 comments:

  1. I like the background! That journal really is a nice size for the Wanderlust lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much! Gorgeous background and the opening gate is genius and very meaningful with the quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...