Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Wanderlust : Layered frame

Our next theme in Wanderlust 2021 is Recycled. As usual, we started the month with a lesson from Kasia. Her style is quite different from mine and I always find myself challenged by her lessons. I reminded myself that there's always learning in those situations. 
The key elements to this spread are using a recycled magazine and adding colour using oil pastels with gesso. Then I took this lesson on my own spin beginning with collage and no over-thinking. Just trying to get immersed in the process....
Want to include some vellum shapes recently gifted - attached with stitch to recycled book pages - these are fun collage fodder elements. 
Completed by a quote also torn from a recycled magazine.
Really pleased with how this turned out. We are staring down the jaws of Winter here in New Zealand and the colours fit my mood perfectly on a stormy day staying inside and lighting the fire. See all my other posts about this class HERE

4 comments:

  1. This is interesting. I always like to see how you develop the lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thrilled I attempted this one and saw how to make it my own. Hope you are having fun with the lessons too.

      Delete
  2. You're quite right this is an unusual page for you, but sometimes it's good to get out of our comfort zone. I like the strong visual impact! I envy you for the cozy nights in - I'm already dreading the heat of the summer here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes good to be pushed. But glad I am working in a small journal so manageable pushing!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...