Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 6

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild (Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. See the original post HERE.
#6 : Ponder. To sit with what is - be present - think deeply. The challenge this week was to create an expressive self-portrait that ‘looks like’ you when you’re pondering. I decided to be inspired by stuff lying on my work desks from making my Little Book of Whispers. Lots to be inspired by!!!
First I glued a selection of scrappy papers to the front of my card. Wish I could leave the ends hanging over like this.
Trimmed and I really like the sketchy stitching technique from behind so printed one of my favourite faces and free-motioned over it with my sewing machine. 
Not an ideal result - a bit detailed so a wee tear in the nose area but put masking tape on the back to stabalise and can work with this.
An unexpected outcome with the use of the brads and lace but it works for me. 
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE. And now I need to tidy my work spaces...

2 comments:

  1. I like the sketchy stitching, too! All those bits on your work table are very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All tidied away now....casting about for next project!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...