Sunday, February 2, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 5

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild (Free HERE) that I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards. Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. See the original post HERE.
#5 : Courage. My first thought for this prompt is Divine Timing. Time to share that Courage is big for me in these early months of 2020. I had a routine mammogram and was diagnosed with Breast cancer just before Christmas. I am currently having all the prep for chemo and a mastectomy. There is lots of waiting time. When I posted my #4 card I said that Art is helping me navigate some difficult territory. I find that my mixed media projects engage my brain in a way that takes me out of my day and provides stress relief, escape, new discoveries, positive affirmations and joy. There's some big stuff coming up - I am well-supported with loving family and wonderful friends. Art is a huge help. We are confident that we are in good medical hands and I hope to continue to share lots of art as I make my way through the coming months. 
Now for the card. I've included some elements of projects I was working on this past week but can't show you yet. Begun with a print from a stencil onto card which I cut out so I can attach it to the playing card back at the end
And then it evolved into what it needed to be 
Because it's the end of my first month of cards, I thought I'd share all of them so far. They measure 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm). Click on the photo to see them larger and find all the posts HERE
It's very motivating to see what I've been able to achieve in the first 5 weeks. Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving your cards. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this hard stuff, but glad you have art to help you through. For most of my life it has been writing that has helped me though hard times, but these days, art is becoming more important. How do people manage all that life throws at us without a creative outlet to bring a little balance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cally. I am so grateful for art - have stopped my inner work journaling which was writing. I feel better about expression through mixed media. Be interesting to see if that changes again. Balance with creativity is everything xo

      Delete
  2. Courage- YES! Your selection of cards is beautiful. And your creativity will be very healing. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. So grateful to have my creative practice xo

      Delete
  3. I'm rooting for you Lynette - keep strong! It's good that you can channel all that scariness to inspire beautiful art instead. Sending you healing thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...