Saturday, August 17, 2019

A Year of Rumi : Your heart knows the way

I've been making a series of art cards called "Klimt in the garden with Rumi" inspired by Effy's A Year of Rumi online class. This is my collection so far this year
My art cards are inspired by the quotes and completely different from Effy's lessons. I've always had the thought I'd go back and do some pages my art journal inspired by her art. I did both a card and a journal page for the February lesson : 
I always learn something from the lessons I take with Effy, and since I couldn't decide which lesson to pick next for my art journal, I decided to go back to the first from the year. This is my original art card
This is Effy's art (advertised on Patreon HERE)
And what follows are the steps in my interpretation of her lesson and techniques in my journal. I had cleaned off my stencils from my previous project on the next pages, so this was my base to begin : 
A layer of gold and delicious acrylic inks
Layers....
Gathering possible collage elements - great thing is I had all this inky goodness in my stash ♥
Auditioning - I really feel drawn to using the tags....
and then decided that machine stitching them together would be great for added texture before gluing them down
The quote and a few more highlights completed the spread
Find out more about the "A Year with Rumi" class with Effy Wild HEREYou can also enjoy this class by joining Effy's Patreon account and paying monthly. 

6 comments:

  1. The layers, the stitching, the tags- all combine so beautifully here. It's fun to see the photos step by step to see how this all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each and every one of those cards are a work of art in their own right - and look even more appealing grouped all together! The lighthouse stamp was the perfect addition to the journal spread, given its message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zsuzsa. I was lucky I had that stamp ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...