Monday, December 11, 2017

One Little Word : December and into 2018

I've been taking Ali Edwards' One Little Word workshop this year. The monthly prompts encourage you to connect with your word throughout the year and I've been enjoying how SHINE has been part of my world in 2017. This month was a time to look back and fill in a worksheet to note down Facts & Feelings and What I want to remember.
I think some of my facts are feelings, but it was valuable to reflect on changes I've made and I'm really pleased to see that when I look back, I have made progress on many of the goals I set in January
While this is the time many are thinking of a new word for the new year, I've decided I'm going to keep going with SHINE with a slight change of emphasis when I explore my word monthly to focus a bit more on being Healthy.
My Word for 2018 is SHINE
S = Share
H = Healthy
I = Inner Work
N = Notice
E = Enjoy

SHARE 
Engage meaningfully with others
Develop relationships
Continue to blog/share on Flickr and my Artist FB page/investigate Insta
Contribute thoughtfully to online class groups
Shine so others believe they can too
BE the light - be the agent of illumination in dark situations
HEALTHY
Good eating + Gym habit = Energised
Be mindful
Rest
INNER WORK
Self-care and self-compassion
Affirmations
Explore intuition and inner wisdom via Tarot and Oracle cards
Build inner strength/belief in myself
Lighten up - try not to sweat the small stuff
NOTICE 
Practice gratitude
Reflect on daily activities and make improvements (good habits = easier to shine without effort)
Pay attention to what I will accept (eg. let other people's negativity slide off)  
ENJOY
Practice gratitude (this bears repeating ♥)
Regularly spend time doing what I love : 
- creating
being with my family
meeting regularly with friends
walking on the beach
- lighting more candles
- wearing sparkles when I dress
- reading good books 
- watching good movies and TV series
- listening to good music
Supporting words are Sparkle, Light, Ignite, Glow, Bright, Luminous and Embrace. I had Nourish in 2015 and Transform in 2016. They are great support words as I enter 2018.
Marianne Williamson : 
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. 
Now available on an early-bird price of US$26 until Dec 31 - sign up for Ali Edwards' One Little Word 2018 class HERE. Get a feel for this class by seeing what I did with the prompts this year HERE, and my Flickr album which includes any art featuring my word as well as the class prompts HERE.
Susannah Conway has also released her annual end-of-year FREE offerings. Go HERE for Unravel your Year and you can sign up to find your word for 2018 HERE - 5 inspiring emails over 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...