Sunday, January 31, 2016

LB2016 : Your sacred box of wisdom

The next project from Life Book 2016 that I was drawn to was created by Melody Ross, one of the founders of Brave Girls Club. This project is all about honouring your own wisdom - recognising all the things that my life's experiences have taught me that I bring to whatever I need to face next. I love looking at progress photos to see how small additions can make a big difference :
I really enjoy layers in my work, so was really happy to add a collaged layer of sheet music to my background. Had sooo much fun doodling her hair :-)
and apologies for the blur, but my little stamp with white ink was perfect to add pretty details to her top 
I would have liked to use my usual 'found words' for this project, but I wanted to get it complete and move onto a new assignment, so printed my chosen phrases on some pretty card stock...and then the project took an unexpected turn! I had far too many phrases to add to my box, so I tried picking the ones that covered the main ideas for me (click on the photo if you want to read them)
but then I had all these other wonderful phrases....I could have kept them for another project, but I had cleaned off stencils from my background layers on the opposite page, and as I sorted through my phrases I'd laid them on that page. I realised that I liked the look of them there, so glued them down. With a little edge stamping and gluing down a few butterflies from serviettes, I made a companion page. 
So this is my final page from the lesson
and here's the full complete spread. I love that this project took that unexpected turn.
Click on the photo to see it larger, or go HERE to see my Flickr album of all my Life Book 2016 projects. You can see all my posts about Life Book this year HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Love how you made this a double spread! Many of your wisdom resonates with me, as I'm sure they do with many other women our age! Lovely patterns - I think I have that stamp too! Progress photos are always a good idea - I used to do it too, but nowadays I do a lot of my arting at night and I can't take good photos in the dark. I think we've been spoiled with fantastic LB projects all throughout January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks both of you :-) I am so happy that I've done Life Book again this year - defintely a great start! Happy Feb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...