Monday, October 13, 2014

Holiday snaps

Last week we spent a couple of days and nights in New Plymouth - 3 hours from Palmerston North.
Fabulous weather and a great way to end our school holidays.
Recommended cafés :
Fat Cow Cafe : Just before you get to Hawera
Arborio : View to the sea - upstairs by Information Centre
The Federal Store Cafe : Devon Street
Good shopping treats for me on the way :
Jackie's for Scrapbooking in Inglewood :
Cute cheap stamps and half-price masks
and once we got to New Plymouth : 

Verge Art & Design Gallery : Sweet earrings and a clear plastic bag
that will find its way in as a layer on an art journal page :-)
The Artshop and Egmont Framing : Lovely paper and cheap printmaking tools
Gorgeous jewellery store : Shine (286 Devon Street East)
Lovely earrings, cheap cute stamps, and wrapping that
will find its way into my journal
I also love Kina - but no purchases there this time...On proof-reading the above, I realise how often I have said cheap! Feels good that I'm still living by my word for the year "Thrifty".
Good walking - we were blessed with gorgeous blue skies :-)
Te Rewa Rewa bridge
Time at the beach
Coastal walkway
Some time for art journaling collage
Beautiful mountain views
and finally got to visit Dawson Falls - a short drive signposted from Stratford on our way home.
And now we begin school Term 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...