Monday, October 6, 2014

Art journal pages : 64-65

It's school holidays and I'm determined to make progress in my Full Tilt Boogie journal - I made it with too many pages and I just want to get it done! This is not to say that I'm not enjoying the process - I am loving making the pages as I get to them. It's just the thought of how many more there are to do. My first page was made in November 2012 - my goal is to finish this within 2 years...so end of this November.
This was my base page - thought it would be cool to keep at least part of that image. I love Jack Vettriano's work and have an old calendar of his prints. I also love working with flowers and as I played on the page decided that I could make the couple look like they were coming out of the centre of the flower.
Click on any photo to see it larger
Problem - I had already glued my couple down, so when I tried to put them in the flower they tore a bit - looks rough (you can see that if you click on the picture). I also thought they look a bit proportionally too small, so I covered them with a different Vettriano image.
Like this much more. Again, a bit of tearing on the petals, so I added some doodling to disguise that, and once I added that to one petal, I had to balance the flower by doodling on a couple of others. Loving that effect. A couple of words and this one's done.
The opposite page was narrower and already had a paper serviette image glued on
Came across a lovely image in my stash from a book of old nursery rhymes and added the white pen words
Couldn't quite leave it there - some more doodling with the white pen completed this page quite quickly
You can see all the Full Tilt Boogie journal pages in my Flickr Set.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is so amazing! I follow the 'piece o cake' blog and she had your quilt on it. I clicked on your blog spot and I was really blown away! So much talent in one person. I forwarded your information to my daughter who is also an art quilter, beader, designer, fabric dyer, etc,
    I know she'll love your designs and shared resources.
    SD Kidd
    Sioux Falls, SD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...